Iowa Religious Media Services Seeks Library Associate
Iowa Religious Media Services (IRMS) is currently seeking a Library Associate. The position description is below.
Applicants may email their resume, cover letter and list of three references to Executive Director Sharon E. Strohmaier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Job Application in the memo line. The IRMS personnel committee will review applications beginning on November 15, 2018, and will continue to review applications until the position is filled.
Iowa Religious Media Services: Position Description – Library Associate
To carry out the mission of IRMS by assisting clients and managing the collection of resources.
- Manage all operations of the 12,000+ piece IRMS resource library: Check out and check in resources as scheduled, add new resources to library, ship and receive resources.
- Serve as the first point of contact for incoming client and vendor telephone calls; facilitate client requests, answer and maintain all interactions with good cheer.
- Advise Executive Director as to new resources for purchase or Preview Committee review.
- Maintain social media presence and update web site to maintain relevance to our clients.
- Monitor client subscriptions, issue renewal notices upon expiration, and acknowledge receipt of subscription moneys.
- Assure integrity of the collection by inspecting returned resources for completeness and/or flaws, cleaning or otherwise repairing resources, as necessary. Contact clients about overdue resources. Advise Executive Director if a resource needs to be replaced or if usage is high enough to warrant purchase of additional copies.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A customer service attitude.
- Demonstrable skills in social networking.
- Understanding of scope of Christian education.
- Competence in standard word processing, data base, and spreadsheet software.
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Ability to create professional electronic newsletter using online publication software and to use word processing to create communication documents.
- Enthusiasm for developing new skills and techniques as the marketplace and technology evolve.
Strong organizational skills with ability to manage many details.
Reports to: Executive Director
Part Time Position: Mon. – Thu. 9 AM – 4 PM